Home » News » Public Safety
Badly burned driver found in Windham
A Massachusetts motorist suffered serious burns over most of his body while pulled over at the Interstate-93 weigh station in Windham on Wednesday night.
Mark Vivier, 39, of Methuen, Mass. suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of his body, state police and a Windham fire official said. He was airlifted to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
State police and the state Fire Marshal's office are investigating the incident, which initially was reported at 5:26 p.m. as a car fire at the weigh station, located on I-93 southbound just north of Exit 3, Windham Fire Lt. Scott Delaney said.
Trooper Sean Harrington arrived to find a 2012 Mazda A6 engulfed in flames and a man on fire lying on the ground near the passenger side of the car, state police said. A passerby was helping Vivier put out the flames. Vivier was pulleed from the vehicle and given first aid. The car was destroyed.
It's not known why Vivier pulled into the weigh station after operating hours, Delaney said. State police ask anyone with information to contact Trooper Harrington at 223-4381.
- - - - - - - -
Kathryn Marchocki may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 10
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 12
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013