Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Injured man charged with attack, abuse of woman
WINCHESTER — A man stabbed at a Richmond Road apartment Wednesday was arraigned Thursday in 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene on charges alleging he attacked and sexually abused a Winchester woman early Wednesday morning.
Matthew R. Possiel, 20, is charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault, simple assault, second-degree assault, obstructing the report of a crime, criminal restraint and common law contempt.
Possiel was stabbed by the victim during the alleged attack, said Cheshire County Attorney Peter Heed.
An affidavit prepared by N.H. State Police Trooper First Class Michael R. Anger said Possiel is alleged to have choked, smothered, raped and hit the alleged victim and prevented her from getting help during the attack, according to the Keene Sentinel, which obtained a copy of the arrest affidavit on file in court Thursday before it was sealed later that day.
Police went to the apartment around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, where a woman told them she had been assaulted by Possiel, whom she had a protective order against, the Keene Sentinel said.
A Winchester police officer searched for Possiel and found him walking along Route 10 in Winchester. Possiel told the police officer that he had been in the victim’s apartment, in violation of the protective order against him, and said the victim had stabbed him.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for his wounds and later placed under arrest.
In court Thursday, the judge set Possiel’s bail at $50,000.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a probable cause hearing on July 6.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483