Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Injured man charged with attack, abuse of woman
WINCHESTER — A man stabbed at a Richmond Road apartment Wednesday was arraigned Thursday in 8th Circuit Court District Division in Keene on charges alleging he attacked and sexually abused a Winchester woman early Wednesday morning.
Matthew R. Possiel, 20, is charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault, simple assault, second-degree assault, obstructing the report of a crime, criminal restraint and common law contempt.
Possiel was stabbed by the victim during the alleged attack, said Cheshire County Attorney Peter Heed.
An affidavit prepared by N.H. State Police Trooper First Class Michael R. Anger said Possiel is alleged to have choked, smothered, raped and hit the alleged victim and prevented her from getting help during the attack, according to the Keene Sentinel, which obtained a copy of the arrest affidavit on file in court Thursday before it was sealed later that day.
Police went to the apartment around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, where a woman told them she had been assaulted by Possiel, whom she had a protective order against, the Keene Sentinel said.
A Winchester police officer searched for Possiel and found him walking along Route 10 in Winchester. Possiel told the police officer that he had been in the victim’s apartment, in violation of the protective order against him, and said the victim had stabbed him.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for his wounds and later placed under arrest.
In court Thursday, the judge set Possiel’s bail at $50,000.
He is scheduled to appear in court for a probable cause hearing on July 6.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness