May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Trial date set for mother who left drug needles out
Jennifer Eaton, 35, of Portsmouth is scheduled to go on trial in October for allegedly disposing of needles used for shooting up cocaine that were near the body of her boyfriend before police arrived. Prosecutors say Eaton was also charged with endangering the welfare of a child for allowing the needles to be within reach of her 7-year-old child. (COURTESY)
BRENTWOOD — A trial date has been set for a Portsmouth mother charged with leaving hypodermic syringes used to shoot up crack within reach of her 7-year-old child, then disposing of the drug paraphernalia before police arrived.
Jennifer Eaton, 35, is accused of removing two hypodermic syringes from a desk near where she found her deceased boyfriend's body on Jan. 14, 2011.
Prosecutors identified the deceased as 34-year-old Greg Egnew of Seabrook.
Eaton is scheduled to go on trial the week of Oct. 15.
Prosecutors say Eaton threw the needles “into the woods near her residence,” which impaired a police investigation. Police said that at least two other people were in Eaton's home doing drugs the night before officers arrived.
The drugs and a spoon used to cook the cocaine were left within reach of the 7-year-old, according to police.
Eaton was awoken by her child around 11:30 a.m. and threw the hypodermic syringes behind her apartment while calling 911 to report her boyfriend's death, police said.
Eaton told police she passed out in her apartment while two friends injected cocaine, with one of them putting the spoon used to cook the drug in the kitchen sink.
Eaton remains free on bail.
The falsifying physical evidence charges carries a state prison term up to 3 ½ to 7 years and a $4,000 fine.
- - - - - - - -
James A. Kimble may be reached at JKimble@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424