Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two violent Manchester convenient store robberies; one successful, one not
MANCHESTER - A 7-Eleven store clerk jumped over a counter early Friday to escape a robber who threatened her with a long metal rod.
And, three hours earlier, a gunman robbed a Willow Street convenience store.
Police said in the 7-Eleven incident, the man entered the 2305 Brown Ave. store about 2 a.m. Friday brandishing a metal pipe or bat and demanding money. He swung the pipe at the hotdog display near the counter and then swung it at the clerk, chasing after her as she ran and jumped over the counter.
The robber started to pursue her as she fled to the rear of the store but gave up the chase and ran out the store, heading towards the back of the building.
He is described as a white male in his 50s, about 5-foot-10 with an average build. He was wearing a dark-colored sleeveless shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. He has shoulder-length, salt and pepper-colored hair, a mustache and a tattoo on his right biceps.
Three hours earlier, at 11 p.m. Thursday, a gunman wearing a blue bandanna over his face robbed Maverick Gas and Convenience Store, 15 Willow St.
Police said the man entered the store and pointed a silver-colored handgun at the clerk demanding money.
The woman handed over the cash in the register and the man fled the store with it.
He is described as a dark-skinned, black man in his early 30s, about 5-foot-7 with an average build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and baggy blue jeans.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pembroke man pleads guilty to Maine bank robberies - 0
- Former Littleton man sentenced to prison for crash that injured 4 - 1
- Pelham man arrested in theft of jewelry - 0
- Mass. man wanted for targeting victims through online dating site arrested - 4
- Police suspect same man with small bat robbed Bow store, failed in Goffstown try - 0
- Driver was trying to kill himself - 24
- 2 NH men accused of drug trafficking - 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 3
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth's McCafferty confirmed by US Senate as federal judge - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Police say drug suspect crashed into Windham cruiser, sheriff's car during bust - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gregg for the US Senate again? 'Been there, done that,' he says - 0
- New health insurer to enter NH marketplace in 2015 - 3
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
Driver was trying to kill himself
Big tipper stops for lunch
2 NH men accused of drug trafficking
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424