Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two violent Manchester convenient store robberies; one successful, one not
MANCHESTER - A 7-Eleven store clerk jumped over a counter early Friday to escape a robber who threatened her with a long metal rod.
And, three hours earlier, a gunman robbed a Willow Street convenience store.
Police said in the 7-Eleven incident, the man entered the 2305 Brown Ave. store about 2 a.m. Friday brandishing a metal pipe or bat and demanding money. He swung the pipe at the hotdog display near the counter and then swung it at the clerk, chasing after her as she ran and jumped over the counter.
The robber started to pursue her as she fled to the rear of the store but gave up the chase and ran out the store, heading towards the back of the building.
He is described as a white male in his 50s, about 5-foot-10 with an average build. He was wearing a dark-colored sleeveless shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers. He has shoulder-length, salt and pepper-colored hair, a mustache and a tattoo on his right biceps.
Three hours earlier, at 11 p.m. Thursday, a gunman wearing a blue bandanna over his face robbed Maverick Gas and Convenience Store, 15 Willow St.
Police said the man entered the store and pointed a silver-colored handgun at the clerk demanding money.
The woman handed over the cash in the register and the man fled the store with it.
He is described as a dark-skinned, black man in his early 30s, about 5-foot-7 with an average build. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and baggy blue jeans.
Anyone with information about either incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org .
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 1
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424