May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Vermont man charged in 2011 Lebanon fatality
HAVERHILL — A 52-year-old Newbury, Vt., man is facing a negligent homicide charge in connection with a February 2011 crash in Lebanon.
Police say a logging trailer came loose from Brewster Thurston’s truck and crossed Route 4, striking a van and killing its driver, an Enfield man.
More than a year after the collision that claimed the life of Richard Rouleau, 59, a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury handed up an indictment against Thurston, of Route 5 in Newbury.
According to the indictment, Thurston failed to “properly secure a log trailer to a 1996 Western star truck he was operating on Route 4.”
Rouleau was pronounced dead at the scene of the early morning crash.
George Ostler, of Norwich, Vt., became Thurston’s defense attorney this week.
He declined Thursday to answer questions regarding the particulars of the state’s case against Thurston
“I just have been retained. I haven’t seen the police report yet. He was just indicted. I’m not familiar enough with the case to comment at this point,” Ostler said.
Rouleau was headed west on the highway, and was not far from his Enfield home when he encountered the runaway trailer.
Thurston was not injured.
Relatives of Rouleau could not be reached for comment.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- State’s stand-your-ground law intact - 0
- Obama limits drone strikes in shift from constant war footing - 0
- House votes on minimum wage, lobsters, bar hours - 0
- Morales earns win against Fishers - 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424