May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Vermont man charged in 2011 Lebanon fatality
HAVERHILL — A 52-year-old Newbury, Vt., man is facing a negligent homicide charge in connection with a February 2011 crash in Lebanon.
Police say a logging trailer came loose from Brewster Thurston’s truck and crossed Route 4, striking a van and killing its driver, an Enfield man.
More than a year after the collision that claimed the life of Richard Rouleau, 59, a Grafton County Superior Court grand jury handed up an indictment against Thurston, of Route 5 in Newbury.
According to the indictment, Thurston failed to “properly secure a log trailer to a 1996 Western star truck he was operating on Route 4.”
Rouleau was pronounced dead at the scene of the early morning crash.
George Ostler, of Norwich, Vt., became Thurston’s defense attorney this week.
He declined Thursday to answer questions regarding the particulars of the state’s case against Thurston
“I just have been retained. I haven’t seen the police report yet. He was just indicted. I’m not familiar enough with the case to comment at this point,” Ostler said.
Rouleau was headed west on the highway, and was not far from his Enfield home when he encountered the runaway trailer.
Thurston was not injured.
Relatives of Rouleau could not be reached for comment.
- - - - - - - -
Bob Hookway may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424