Annual Canobie Lake boat parade set for July 4
WINDHAM — The annual Fourth of July boat parade is setting sail this week.
“It's been going on for many years,” said Bill Schroeder, president of the Canobie Lake Protective Association. “It's a lot of fun.”
The Association hosts the event every July 4th with its sponsor, Canobie Lake Park. Boaters depart from Rocky Point at 1 p.m. and proceed around the lake back to the starting point. All sizes and types of boats are welcome to enter. Judges in kayaks observe the boats and award first-, second-, and third-place prizes for patriotic decorations.
Last year's first-place winners, Mark and Joanne Young, are leading this year's parade.
Residents look forward to the annual event and cheer the vessels on from the shore. A prime vantage point for enjoying the parade in on North Policy Street near the pumping station in Salem. Parking is available.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland offense rips Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats walk off with win - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Portland's Michael Almanzar is the Comeback Kid - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Sea Dogs’ Vazquez showing all the tools - 0
- Walden sparkles as Fishers blank Sea Dogs - 0
- For Fisher Cats, here come the Sea Dogs - 0
- Fisher Cats win, then head home for Sea Dogs series - 0
- Fisher Cats lose again, despite Nolan's offense - 0
- Play at the plate ends Fishers' rally in Trenton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641