Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Barnstead man charged with intent to distribute drugs
BARNSTEAD — Ryan Ashley, 19, will be arraigned next month on drug charges, including possession with intent to distribute, after police seized marijuana plants, prescription drugs, weapons and cash at his Provence Road home last week.
Barnstead Police Sgt. Joseph McDowell said that marshals visited the Provence Road address last Wednesday to serve a warrant on an individual (not Ashley) believed to be living there, when they saw several marijuana plants growing inside the home. They exited the home and notified local and federal police about the find, and a search warrant was obtained for the site.
McDowell said police found between 25 to 30 marijuana plants growing both inside the home and behind the home in a yard, as well as bags of prescription pills. Police also found between 15 to 20 weapons, mostly handguns and rifles, along with $3,000 in cash and an unknown powdery substance, which has been sent to the state lab for testing.
McDowell said that Ashley was arrested without incident, and released late last week on $1,500 cash bail. He is due to be arraigned in the Fourth Circuit Court of Laconia, Criminal Division, on Aug. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424