June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Rochester man pleads guilty to possession of child porn
CONCORD — A Rochester man pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to one charge of possession of child pornography.
David Barker, 39, is scheduled to be sentenced on Oct. 18, and is facing up to 10 years in prison and a period of supervised release.
Barker was charged as a result of an investigation that began in 2010 when a lead was sent to the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (ICAC) from the Canadian Internet Child Exploitation Unit in Saskatchewan.
An undercover officer in Canada had seen images of child pornography being shared by a user in the Rochester area. Shortly thereafter, the New Hampshire ICAC received a similar lead from a detective in Hinesville, Ga.
Based on that information, Rochester Police did an additional investigation and secured a search warrant for Barker's Rochester residence, where several computers, DVDs and CDs were seized. The seized materials contained several thousand images depicting the sexual assault of young children.
The case was referred for federal prosecution and the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement Division became the lead investigative agency for the case.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Helen White Fitzgibbon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424