June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: CT Dad used 11 year old to bypass DWI prevention device
MANCHESTER — A Connecticut man who reportedly used his 11-year-old daughter to bypass his truck’s interlock ignition system was arrested by city police Sunday.
Police said Robert Brennan, 46, of Durham, Conn., was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and ignition interlock circumvention.
Police said they were alerted to Brennan about 5 p.m. Sunday, when they found him intoxicated at the Sheraton Four Ponts Hotel, 55 John Devine Drive.
Police said Brennan, his daughter and 8-year-old son had been sleeping in his pickup truck because they could not afford a hotel room.
Juvenile investigators determined he allegedly used his daughter to breathe into the ignition system several times so he could drive to several stores and purchase alcohol.
Police took the children into protective custody and turned them over to the Division of Children, Youth and Families until a family member could arrive and pick them up.
Brennan was arraigned in Manchester District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424