June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: CT Dad used 11 year old to bypass DWI prevention device
MANCHESTER — A Connecticut man who reportedly used his 11-year-old daughter to bypass his truck’s interlock ignition system was arrested by city police Sunday.
Police said Robert Brennan, 46, of Durham, Conn., was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and ignition interlock circumvention.
Police said they were alerted to Brennan about 5 p.m. Sunday, when they found him intoxicated at the Sheraton Four Ponts Hotel, 55 John Devine Drive.
Police said Brennan, his daughter and 8-year-old son had been sleeping in his pickup truck because they could not afford a hotel room.
Juvenile investigators determined he allegedly used his daughter to breathe into the ignition system several times so he could drive to several stores and purchase alcohol.
Police took the children into protective custody and turned them over to the Division of Children, Youth and Families until a family member could arrive and pick them up.
Brennan was arraigned in Manchester District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424