Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: CT Dad used 11 year old to bypass DWI prevention device
MANCHESTER — A Connecticut man who reportedly used his 11-year-old daughter to bypass his truck’s interlock ignition system was arrested by city police Sunday.
Police said Robert Brennan, 46, of Durham, Conn., was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and ignition interlock circumvention.
Police said they were alerted to Brennan about 5 p.m. Sunday, when they found him intoxicated at the Sheraton Four Ponts Hotel, 55 John Devine Drive.
Police said Brennan, his daughter and 8-year-old son had been sleeping in his pickup truck because they could not afford a hotel room.
Juvenile investigators determined he allegedly used his daughter to breathe into the ignition system several times so he could drive to several stores and purchase alcohol.
Police took the children into protective custody and turned them over to the Division of Children, Youth and Families until a family member could arrive and pick them up.
Brennan was arraigned in Manchester District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 2
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424