Home » News » Public Safety
Man shot in Cedar Street apartment
MANCHESTER — The resident of a Cedar Street apartment is being treated for a gunshot wound at a local hospital after two men entered his apartment and shot him Monday afternoon, residents said.
Police said the man shot inside the first floor apartment at 273 Cedar St. is expected to survive. As of late Monday afternoon, they had not identified him, and police said no one was in custody.
A woman was in the apartment at the time of the shooting, said Kassandra Miliard, who lives in the apartment building, a multi-unit structure just west of the intersection with Beech Street.
“I was in my room and I just heard her screaming,” Miliard said. She said a Hispanic male lay on the floor as the woman called police to say what happened.
The man was breathing and had blood on his forehead and arms, she said.
Miliard said the woman told police that two men entered the apartment and shot her boyfriend.
The shooting took place between 3 and 3:30 p.m. Police roped off a portion of the block with yellow crime tape as a crowd of center city residents gathered.
The three-story apartment building is set off from the road and accessed through a common driveway. Police entered and exited the building front, and several residents sat outside the door behind the crime tape.
Damien Peterson lives inside the building. “I just heard yelling. Went outside then came back inside because people are crazy,” he said.
Cedar Street resident Nancy Stimans said Beech Street resident Stephanie Taylor said several apartments and cars have recently been burglarized in the neighborhood.
Taylor said her apartment was broken into on June 20 and electronics were stolen.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 0
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013