Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police look for man after fire is set inside apartment
SALEM — Police say they are investigating an arson at the home of a man who is wanted for domestic assault.
Salem firefighters doused an apartment fire on Monday at 6 Meisner Circle, Apt. 36. The apartment was vacant when firefighters and police arrived at 7:19 p.m.
Police said fire was set intentionally by someone who lit a stack of phonebooks on fire in the living room.
Salem Fire and Rescue quickly knocked down the blaze, and contained the damage to one room, police said.
Detectives were called when it was determined that the fire was suspected to be arson, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said police already have several active arrest warrants for the former tenant of the apartment, stemming from a domestic assault incident last month.
Police have been unable to locate the man, Luis Figueroa, but say he may be in Lawrence, Mass. Anyone with information is asked to call Salem police at 893-1911, or Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 28
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424