May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police look for man after fire is set inside apartment
SALEM — Police say they are investigating an arson at the home of a man who is wanted for domestic assault.
Salem firefighters doused an apartment fire on Monday at 6 Meisner Circle, Apt. 36. The apartment was vacant when firefighters and police arrived at 7:19 p.m.
Police said fire was set intentionally by someone who lit a stack of phonebooks on fire in the living room.
Salem Fire and Rescue quickly knocked down the blaze, and contained the damage to one room, police said.
Detectives were called when it was determined that the fire was suspected to be arson, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said police already have several active arrest warrants for the former tenant of the apartment, stemming from a domestic assault incident last month.
Police have been unable to locate the man, Luis Figueroa, but say he may be in Lawrence, Mass. Anyone with information is asked to call Salem police at 893-1911, or Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 4
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 33
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424