Home » News » Public Safety
3 struck by lightning in Laconia
LACONIA — The Laconia Fire Department says three people were struck by lightning Wednesday in the Weirs Beach area.
Fire Chief Kenneth Erickson said all three appear to have escaped without life-threatening injuries. Two were conscious at the scene and one was unconscious, but came to after rescuers arrived and was stable.
Erickson says all three were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital.
Names of the injured were not immediately released.
Erickson said the Fire Department received more than 20 calls about lightning strikes from a late-afternoon storm.
“It was pretty intense,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced