Home » News » Public Safety
3 struck by lightning in Laconia
LACONIA — The Laconia Fire Department says three people were struck by lightning Wednesday in the Weirs Beach area.
Fire Chief Kenneth Erickson said all three appear to have escaped without life-threatening injuries. Two were conscious at the scene and one was unconscious, but came to after rescuers arrived and was stable.
Erickson says all three were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital.
Names of the injured were not immediately released.
Erickson said the Fire Department received more than 20 calls about lightning strikes from a late-afternoon storm.
“It was pretty intense,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time