Home » News » Public Safety
NH residents seriously injured in crash on Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts State Police say three New Hampshire residents were flown to hospitals in Boston after a collision between a Jeep and an SUV on Martha's Vineyard on Wednesday.
Names of the people involved in the accident have not been released.
State police assisting Edgartown Police say the crash occurred near the Martha's Vineyard Airport on Barnes Road. According to police, a 21-year-old Berlin, N.H., woman and man from Dummer, N.H., were ejected from the back seat of the northbound Jeep when the driver was making a U-turn and was broadsided by a Volkswagon Touraeg coming from the same direction. Both backseat passengers were flown to Beth Israel Hospital in Boston.
Police say a 52-year-old Dummer, N.H., woman in the passenger seat of the Jeep, was also flown to a hospital in Boston.
According to police, the 52-year-old man driving the Jeep was also from Dummer, N.H., and was taken to Martha's Vineyard Hospital, where the Touraeg driver was also being treated for less serious injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester