Home » News » Public Safety
NH residents seriously injured in crash on Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts State Police say three New Hampshire residents were flown to hospitals in Boston after a collision between a Jeep and an SUV on Martha's Vineyard on Wednesday.
Names of the people involved in the accident have not been released.
State police assisting Edgartown Police say the crash occurred near the Martha's Vineyard Airport on Barnes Road. According to police, a 21-year-old Berlin, N.H., woman and man from Dummer, N.H., were ejected from the back seat of the northbound Jeep when the driver was making a U-turn and was broadsided by a Volkswagon Touraeg coming from the same direction. Both backseat passengers were flown to Beth Israel Hospital in Boston.
Police say a 52-year-old Dummer, N.H., woman in the passenger seat of the Jeep, was also flown to a hospital in Boston.
According to police, the 52-year-old man driving the Jeep was also from Dummer, N.H., and was taken to Martha's Vineyard Hospital, where the Touraeg driver was also being treated for less serious injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 108
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time