Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist injured in crash after police record him going 143 mph
The operator of the motorcycle, 47 year old Thomas W. Van Uden of Goffstown, was transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon for treatment of serious injuries. His passenger, a 43 year old Manchester woman, was treated for serious injuries at Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth. (Courtesy)
SANBORNTON — A man was seriously injured Wednesday when his motorcycle rammed the rear end of a car after New Hampshire State Police clocked him doing 143 mph.
The accident happened shortly after 4 p.m. in the northbound lane of Interstate 93, according to a release.
According to state police, a trooper recorded Thomas W. Van Uden doing 143 mph as he sped by the cruiser on northbound I-93. After speeding out of the trooper's site, Van Uden and his passenger, a 43-year-old woman from Manchester, were injured when the motorcycle rammed into the back of a car, police said.
Van Uden was flown to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon. The passenger was treated for serious injuries at Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, state police said.
READER COMMENTS: 65
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time