Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Teen in stolen Monte Carlo sought for ammo theft in Newington
NEWINGTON - Police were searching Friday afternoon for a teenager who allegedly stole a box of ammunition after employees at Dick's Sporting Goods refused to sell to him.
Sgt. Tim Stuart said police responded to the store in the Crossings at Fox Run around 1:14 p.m. to investigate a report of a theft.
Stuart said an 18-year-old male customer attempted to purchase ammunition but the sale was denied. When the teenager tried to grab the box from the employee a "scuffle ensued," Stuart said.
Stuart said police aren't sure why the store wouldn't sell the ammunition to the teenager.
A customer chased him into the parking lot and suffered minor injuries when he attempted to pull him out of a car, Stuart said.
The suspect is believed to be driving in a white Chevy Monte Carlo reported stolen from Hampton. He is described as 6-foot-1 and weighing about 135 pounds.
Stuart said he has no reason “to believe he's a threat to the community.” However, a police radio broadcast described him as “not in the right frame of mind.”
The customer who struggled with the suspect suffered only minor injuries and was treated and released at the scene.
Anyone with information on the suspect's whereabouts is asked to call Newington Police at 436-7033 or Hampton Police at 929-4444.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 4
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 5
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 14
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424