May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Teen in stolen Monte Carlo sought for ammo theft in Newington
NEWINGTON - Police were searching Friday afternoon for a teenager who allegedly stole a box of ammunition after employees at Dick's Sporting Goods refused to sell to him.
Sgt. Tim Stuart said police responded to the store in the Crossings at Fox Run around 1:14 p.m. to investigate a report of a theft.
Stuart said an 18-year-old male customer attempted to purchase ammunition but the sale was denied. When the teenager tried to grab the box from the employee a "scuffle ensued," Stuart said.
Stuart said police aren't sure why the store wouldn't sell the ammunition to the teenager.
A customer chased him into the parking lot and suffered minor injuries when he attempted to pull him out of a car, Stuart said.
The suspect is believed to be driving in a white Chevy Monte Carlo reported stolen from Hampton. He is described as 6-foot-1 and weighing about 135 pounds.
Stuart said he has no reason “to believe he's a threat to the community.” However, a police radio broadcast described him as “not in the right frame of mind.”
The customer who struggled with the suspect suffered only minor injuries and was treated and released at the scene.
Anyone with information on the suspect's whereabouts is asked to call Newington Police at 436-7033 or Hampton Police at 929-4444.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424