June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Teen in stolen Monte Carlo sought for ammo theft in Newington
NEWINGTON - Police were searching Friday afternoon for a teenager who allegedly stole a box of ammunition after employees at Dick's Sporting Goods refused to sell to him.
Sgt. Tim Stuart said police responded to the store in the Crossings at Fox Run around 1:14 p.m. to investigate a report of a theft.
Stuart said an 18-year-old male customer attempted to purchase ammunition but the sale was denied. When the teenager tried to grab the box from the employee a "scuffle ensued," Stuart said.
Stuart said police aren't sure why the store wouldn't sell the ammunition to the teenager.
A customer chased him into the parking lot and suffered minor injuries when he attempted to pull him out of a car, Stuart said.
The suspect is believed to be driving in a white Chevy Monte Carlo reported stolen from Hampton. He is described as 6-foot-1 and weighing about 135 pounds.
Stuart said he has no reason “to believe he's a threat to the community.” However, a police radio broadcast described him as “not in the right frame of mind.”
The customer who struggled with the suspect suffered only minor injuries and was treated and released at the scene.
Anyone with information on the suspect's whereabouts is asked to call Newington Police at 436-7033 or Hampton Police at 929-4444.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424