Concord school district gives surplus furniture to charity
CONCORD — The Concord school district is donating surplus furniture from the closed Conant/Rumford school to disaster- and poverty-relief projects in the Caribbean, according to a Concord-based recycling company.
About 750 pieces of furniture from the district will be donated today to relief projects in Haiti, the Dominican Republic and elsewhere in the Caribbean, a release from IRN, The Recycling Network said.
According to the release, IRN “specializes in matching unneeded surplus from corporations, healthcare, and educational institutions with charities for disaster relief and economic development projects in the U.S. and around the world.”
The furniture will be loaded onto four shipping containers by a crew from Starving Artist Movers throughout the day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Getting revved up over student car raffle - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Colby-Sawyer lays off 16 staff workers to balance budget - 1
- White Mountains school board expands preschool - 0
- Milford team wins seatbelt challenge - 0
- Activist resident launches alternative UNH logo search - 1
- Loeb School offers workshop on producing newsletters - 0
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Pushback against logo plan for UNH heats up - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112