May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Sex assault charges dropped against 81-year-old Portsmouth man
The state dropped all 25 charges against an 81-year-old Portsmouth man accused of sexually assaulting a female relative in the 1960s and 1970s, his attorney said Tuesday.
Portsmouth attorney James E. Ritzo said Rockingham County Attorney James Reams granted the defense motion to dismiss the charges against Souran B. Manougian because the statute of limitations expired.
Ritzo filed a motion last month asking the charges be dismissed.
Manougian was arrested in March on 25 felonies accusing him of forcible rape, sodomy, witness tampering, aggravated assault and criminal restraint.
The alleged victim claimed Manougian abused her between the ages of 5 and 14 and reported the abuse to her mother and a local attorney when she was 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 2
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 12
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424