Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sex assault charges dropped against 81-year-old Portsmouth man
The state dropped all 25 charges against an 81-year-old Portsmouth man accused of sexually assaulting a female relative in the 1960s and 1970s, his attorney said Tuesday.
Portsmouth attorney James E. Ritzo said Rockingham County Attorney James Reams granted the defense motion to dismiss the charges against Souran B. Manougian because the statute of limitations expired.
Ritzo filed a motion last month asking the charges be dismissed.
Manougian was arrested in March on 25 felonies accusing him of forcible rape, sodomy, witness tampering, aggravated assault and criminal restraint.
The alleged victim claimed Manougian abused her between the ages of 5 and 14 and reported the abuse to her mother and a local attorney when she was 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424