June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Sex assault charges dropped against 81-year-old Portsmouth man
The state dropped all 25 charges against an 81-year-old Portsmouth man accused of sexually assaulting a female relative in the 1960s and 1970s, his attorney said Tuesday.
Portsmouth attorney James E. Ritzo said Rockingham County Attorney James Reams granted the defense motion to dismiss the charges against Souran B. Manougian because the statute of limitations expired.
Ritzo filed a motion last month asking the charges be dismissed.
Manougian was arrested in March on 25 felonies accusing him of forcible rape, sodomy, witness tampering, aggravated assault and criminal restraint.
The alleged victim claimed Manougian abused her between the ages of 5 and 14 and reported the abuse to her mother and a local attorney when she was 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424