May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Keene police arrest guard accused of smuggling drugs into jail
KEENE -- Police have arrested a corrections officer accused of smuggling drugs into the Cheshire County Jail.
Shane Stockwell, 23, was arrested Thursday and charged with delivery of prohibited articles, according to a release from the Keene Police Department.
Police had been investigating how contraband was making it into the jail since July 3. Investigators concluded inmates were coordinating with a person outside of the jail to smuggle the drugs the secure facility.
Officers from the county and police put Stockwell's car under surveillance and on Wednesday night someone placing evidence under the vehicle. Detectives confronted Stockwell and he was not allowed back into the jail.
Stockwell, who worked at the jail for over a year, was fired. He was released on $2,500 bail and scheduled for arraignment on Aug. 1.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424