May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Convict has years added to sentence for assault
One of the two men convicted of participating in the six-day crime spree that preceded the 2006 fatal shooting of a Manchester police officer had another three to six years added to his lengthy sentence Thursday for assaulting a correctional officer.
Antoine Bell-Rogers, 27, formerly of Manchester and Roxbury, Mass., was convicted in Merrimack County Superior Court in Concord of assaulting the New Hampshire State Prison correctional officer on Dec. 10, 2010, the state Department of Corrections said. The sentence is consecutive to his current one.
Bell-Rogers and Michael K. Addison, 32, were convicted of several armed holdups and gunplay in the days leading up to the Oct. 16, 2006, alley encounter with Manchester police Officer Michael L. Briggs, 35. Addison shot and killed Briggs, who died the next day.
Addison was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death. Bell-Rogers was sentenced to a minimum 60-year state prison sentence in 2008 for multiple non-capital violent offenses.
Since his imprisonment, Bell-Rogers was convicted of possessing a metal shank and had two years added to his sentence. He also received a 3 1/2 - to 7-year sentence for assaulting an inmate.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424