June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police say intoxicated man stole Keene utility truck
KEENE — An intoxicated man stole a fire department utility truck, knocked bricks off the fire station and then abandoned the vehicle early Saturday, police said.
Police said they found Scott H. Ibelle, 28, bleeding on Cross Street after falling off a skateboard just before 2 a.m.
“He told them he took the truck,” Sgt. Steven Tenney said.
Ibelle is accused of opening the rear garage door of the Keene Fire Department on Vernon Street and driving the special operations vehicle out of the garage, striking a brick entryway and damaging the utility truck. The truck was recovered a couple blocks away on Union Street. A couple of bricks were knocked off the fire station. Ibelle, who told authorities he was homeless, is charged with burglary, conduct after an accident, driving while intoxicated subsequent offense and driving under suspension/revocation.
He was being held on $10,000 cash bail in the Cheshire County Jail until his court appearance Monday.
“The truck is back in service, so it's mostly cosmetic (damage),” Tenney said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424