May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police say NH driver who hit 2 cruisers in Maine was texting and OUI
YORK, MAINE (MCT)— Two York police cruisers were damaged Friday night when they were hit by a motorist who police say was driving under the influence and texting.
York police said that at 12:10 a.m. Saturday, Officer Luke Ernenwein had stopped a vehicle for following too closely on Route 1 near Abbott Brothers Tree Service and was checking the female motorist's sobriety outside her vehicle.
Officer Tyler Gagne then arrived at the scene to help and pulled behind Ernenwein's cruiser.
Both cruisers' emergency lights were flashing. Ernenwein then noticed a southbound 2003 Honda Accord drifting towards them, yelled a warning and pulled the female driver back.
The Accord crashed into the left rear side of Gagne's cruiser and then into Ernenwein's cruiser.
The operator of the Accord, Nicholas P. Bergeron, 24, of Windham, N.H., was treated at and released from York Hospital and arrested on charges of operating under the influence, texting while driving and improper passing of emergency vehicles.
Unable to post bail, Bergeron is being held at York County Jail. Neither the officers nor the female driver, who was not charged with a violation, were hurt. The police vehicles were inoperable and towed from the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 22
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 6
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 3
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424