Home » News » Public Safety
N.C. man has leg impaled on Manchester hotel's fence
MANCHESTER -- A North Carolina man is recovering after getting impaled on a fence Saturday night.
Manchester Fire was called to the Hilton Garden Inn around 11:30 p.m. Saturday after the 30-year-old man became caught on the perimeter fence.
The top of the fence is spear-shaped, and the man had the spears impaled through his leg, according to fire officials.
Firefighters and paramedics used saws, hydraulic cutting tools and a cutting wheel to cut loose the section of fence that was through the man's leg.
With the fence still in his leg, paramedics made another cut to the metal to fit him on a gurney and then rushed him to the emergency room at Elliot Hospital, where the fence was then removed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 23
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs