Home » News » Public Safety
N.C. man has leg impaled on Manchester hotel's fence
MANCHESTER -- A North Carolina man is recovering after getting impaled on a fence Saturday night.
Manchester Fire was called to the Hilton Garden Inn around 11:30 p.m. Saturday after the 30-year-old man became caught on the perimeter fence.
The top of the fence is spear-shaped, and the man had the spears impaled through his leg, according to fire officials.
Firefighters and paramedics used saws, hydraulic cutting tools and a cutting wheel to cut loose the section of fence that was through the man's leg.
With the fence still in his leg, paramedics made another cut to the metal to fit him on a gurney and then rushed him to the emergency room at Elliot Hospital, where the fence was then removed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072