Home » News » Public Safety
N.C. man has leg impaled on Manchester hotel's fence
MANCHESTER -- A North Carolina man is recovering after getting impaled on a fence Saturday night.
Manchester Fire was called to the Hilton Garden Inn around 11:30 p.m. Saturday after the 30-year-old man became caught on the perimeter fence.
The top of the fence is spear-shaped, and the man had the spears impaled through his leg, according to fire officials.
Firefighters and paramedics used saws, hydraulic cutting tools and a cutting wheel to cut loose the section of fence that was through the man's leg.
With the fence still in his leg, paramedics made another cut to the metal to fit him on a gurney and then rushed him to the emergency room at Elliot Hospital, where the fence was then removed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot - 0
- Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents - 0
- Millsfield ready to resume holding first primary vote - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 0
- The Pope's anniversary: Viewing him through different lenses - 0
- Up late with Shaheen: Misplaced Senate priorities - 0
- Jindal says GOP has to 'be a party that's for something' - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Glassman first NH player into D-I dance - 0
- Roger Brown's H.S. Basketball: Bedford girls ready to face Simpson, Lancers - 0
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin