Home » News » Public Safety
N.C. man has leg impaled on Manchester hotel's fence
MANCHESTER -- A North Carolina man is recovering after getting impaled on a fence Saturday night.
Manchester Fire was called to the Hilton Garden Inn around 11:30 p.m. Saturday after the 30-year-old man became caught on the perimeter fence.
The top of the fence is spear-shaped, and the man had the spears impaled through his leg, according to fire officials.
Firefighters and paramedics used saws, hydraulic cutting tools and a cutting wheel to cut loose the section of fence that was through the man's leg.
With the fence still in his leg, paramedics made another cut to the metal to fit him on a gurney and then rushed him to the emergency room at Elliot Hospital, where the fence was then removed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19