Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett man charged in Manchester man's death in Northwood Lake boating mishap
NORTHWOOD — The body of a 28-year-old Manchester man who was boating on Northwood Lake was pulled from the water Sunday morning, more than 12 hours after he went overboard.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department identified the victim as Brendan W. Yerry, who was not wearing a life jacket when he went into the water around 7:40 p.m. Saturday.
Eric Cable, the boat’s driver, was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
“We’re in the midst of summer and we just can’t stress enough the importance of water safety,” Fish and Game Lt. James Juneau said Sunday night.
Divers from Fish and Game located Yerry’s body in 15 feet of water about 550 feet from the nearest shoreline.
Juneau said the 18-foot motor boat was moving when Yerry went overboard, but he did not know how fast the vessel was going.
Juneau said the New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol is handling the investigation and will try to determine what led to Yerry going overboard.
The Marine Patrol will also determine whether Cable, 32, of Hooksett will face charges in addition to operating a boat while intoxicated.
A photo on Cable’s Facebook page Sunday afternoon showed a group of men on a boat. The image was posted Saturday morning and a comment indicated the group was headed to Northwood Lake. The image was removed from the page Sunday night.
Emergency responders searched the water into Saturday evening before calling it off around 10 p.m.; they returned Sunday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072