Home » News » Public Safety
Hooksett man charged in Manchester man's death in Northwood Lake boating mishap
NORTHWOOD — The body of a 28-year-old Manchester man who was boating on Northwood Lake was pulled from the water Sunday morning, more than 12 hours after he went overboard.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department identified the victim as Brendan W. Yerry, who was not wearing a life jacket when he went into the water around 7:40 p.m. Saturday.
Eric Cable, the boat’s driver, was arrested and charged with boating while intoxicated.
“We’re in the midst of summer and we just can’t stress enough the importance of water safety,” Fish and Game Lt. James Juneau said Sunday night.
Divers from Fish and Game located Yerry’s body in 15 feet of water about 550 feet from the nearest shoreline.
Juneau said the 18-foot motor boat was moving when Yerry went overboard, but he did not know how fast the vessel was going.
Juneau said the New Hampshire State Police Marine Patrol is handling the investigation and will try to determine what led to Yerry going overboard.
The Marine Patrol will also determine whether Cable, 32, of Hooksett will face charges in addition to operating a boat while intoxicated.
A photo on Cable’s Facebook page Sunday afternoon showed a group of men on a boat. The image was posted Saturday morning and a comment indicated the group was headed to Northwood Lake. The image was removed from the page Sunday night.
Emergency responders searched the water into Saturday evening before calling it off around 10 p.m.; they returned Sunday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 109
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 5
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time