Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in crash on I-495 in Andover, Mass.
ANDOVER, Mass. — A Salem man was killed when he crashed his car on northbound Interstate 495 on Sunday.
Massachusetts State Police said 64-year-old Zahir Khan may have had a medical emergency, causing his car to leave the roadway and hit a guardrail.
Khan was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The accident happened around 5 a.m. near where I-495 meets I-93.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 125
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 15
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 11
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?