Home » News » Public Safety
Toddler pulled from pool in Newport
NEWPORT — A 19-month-old girl was pulled from a swimming pool on Sunday and rushed to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Newport police said the child, whose name was not released, was unresponsive when she was found in the water around 2:30 p.m.
A 14-year-old resident who had emergency training performed CPR before emergency responders took over upon arrival.
Police classified the incident as a near drowning. The condition of the child was not available Sunday night.
Police say the home had adequate safety fencing around the pool, but the gates were not secured when the girl went into the water.
Police and the Sullivan County Attorney’s Office were investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072