Home » News » Public Safety
Toddler pulled from pool in Newport
NEWPORT — A 19-month-old girl was pulled from a swimming pool on Sunday and rushed to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Newport police said the child, whose name was not released, was unresponsive when she was found in the water around 2:30 p.m.
A 14-year-old resident who had emergency training performed CPR before emergency responders took over upon arrival.
Police classified the incident as a near drowning. The condition of the child was not available Sunday night.
Police say the home had adequate safety fencing around the pool, but the gates were not secured when the girl went into the water.
Police and the Sullivan County Attorney’s Office were investigating.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty