Home » News » Public Safety
NH girl burned after falling into Maine fire pit to recover in Boston
LEBANON, Maine — A 2-year-old girl from Milton N.H., remains at a Boston hospital as she recovers from serious burns.
While he would not release the identity of the girl, Assistant Rescue Chief Jason Cole said she sustained “significant burns over the right side of her body” after she fell onto smoldering coals in her family's fire pit at Flat Rock Bridge Family Resort around 6:28 a.m. Sunday.
“Her burns are serious and she'll be in Boston for a while,” Cole said, adding the girl who was flown by helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital following the incident.
Cole said a Maine f ire warden who investigated the incident determined the girl accidentally fell onto the fire while she was playing. He added the family had been using the fire pit the night before.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse