Keene Swamp Bats rip Newport
In a battle of division leaders, the Keene Swamp Bats exploded for 23 hits and pounded the Newport Gulls, 20-8, in a New England Collegiate Baseball League contest at Cardines Field before 2,108 fans in Newport, R.I.
Jared Walsh led the barrage with five RBIs for Keene while Grant Kay (four hits), Austin Wheeler (four hits) and Fran Whitten each drove in three runs. Keene built up a 12-0 lead in the third inning and eventually piled up 51 at-bats in the nine inning game.
Keene smacked six homers in the game, getting two from Walsh, who had a two-run homer in the first and second innings. Dylan DelaCruz had a solo homer in the second inning, Kay bashed a three-run homer in the third inning and Cameron O'Brien went yard with a man aboard in the sixth frame. Fran Whitten also had a two-run homer in the game.
Keene, which has won eight of its last 10 games, now owns the league's best record at 23-6. Newport falls to 22-7. Both teams play again tonight at 6:30 p.m. in Keene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use