Uncanoonuc Mountain Perennials sets open house
On display will be more than 60 varieties of daylilies in full bloom, plus 900 types of hardy perennials, roses, ornamental grasses, berry bushes and more. Gardeners and nongardeners alike are invited to stroll 2-1/2 acres of breathtaking beauty in a park-like setting overflowing with color. On both Saturday and Sunday at 11a.m., nursery founder/owner Nettie Rynearson will present ';Love 'em and Leave 'em'; — a look at a carefully selected group of lovely, low-maintenance, long-lived perennials.
On Saturday at 1 p.m., join us for the presentation ';All Things Roses. Join Rynearson in the formal rose garden — with your questions about the care and feeding of roses. On Sunday at 1 p.m., a team of New Hampshire State Master Gardeners, led by Hillsborough County UNH Extension Director Margaret Hagen, will do soil pH analyses. Guests are asked to bring bagged half-cup samples of garden soil (not mulch) for testing.
All events, including lemonade to sip, cookies to munch and drawings for gift cards each day, are free. For directions, to go uncanoonucmt.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.