City store customer hits $1 million Powerball
MANCHESTER — A customer who purchased a Powerball ticket at a city market hit five of the numbers — but not the Powerball — a piece of luck that means $1 million.
Had the customer of N&K Market hit the Powerball, he would have won an estimated $90 million jackpot.
Nadeem Ahmed, co-owner of N&K Market, said Monday he has no idea who purchased the ticket. Lottery officials did not announce a winner Monday.
“I hope it's somebody local, and one of my regulars,” Ahmed said. N&K is located on the corner of Pearl and Hall streets.
Ahmed has run the store for 11 years. He remembers big scratch-ticket prizes of $10,000 and $70,000.
The market will receive a $10,000 incentive check for selling Saturday's ticket.
Ahmed expressed surprise when told of the winning ticket by a reporter. Usually such alerts come over the Lottery terminal, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 0
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 4
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 3
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 6
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 2
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Derry marks a soldier's death
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641