Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Missing Mass. woman found neglected in Ossipee; son, daughter-in-law arrested
WEST OSSIPEE - An 80-year-old woman, missing from Massachusetts, was found Monday seriously abused and neglected at a West Ossipee residence of her son and daughter-in-law, Ossipee police said.
The woman, identified by police as Joan Brown, was immediately taken to a local hospital after officers observed serious signs of abuse and neglect, according to a press release.
Officers arrested her son and daughter-in-law, identified as Darin Brown, 43, and Sharon Giordano, 38, of 54 Fox Run Road.
Police, acting on information Joan Brown was being unlawfully held by her son and his wife and that she could be found at the Fox Run Road residence, went there late Monday morning after obtaining a search warrant.
Joan Brown, police said, had been reported as in danger and missing from Massachusetts.
Both Brown and Giordano are charged with criminal restraint, criminal neglect of the elderly, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest.
What's next:They are to be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. at 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424