May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Missing Mass. woman found neglected in Ossipee; son, daughter-in-law arrested
WEST OSSIPEE - An 80-year-old woman, missing from Massachusetts, was found Monday seriously abused and neglected at a West Ossipee residence of her son and daughter-in-law, Ossipee police said.
The woman, identified by police as Joan Brown, was immediately taken to a local hospital after officers observed serious signs of abuse and neglect, according to a press release.
Officers arrested her son and daughter-in-law, identified as Darin Brown, 43, and Sharon Giordano, 38, of 54 Fox Run Road.
Police, acting on information Joan Brown was being unlawfully held by her son and his wife and that she could be found at the Fox Run Road residence, went there late Monday morning after obtaining a search warrant.
Joan Brown, police said, had been reported as in danger and missing from Massachusetts.
Both Brown and Giordano are charged with criminal restraint, criminal neglect of the elderly, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest.
What's next:They are to be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. at 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424