June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Missing Mass. woman found neglected in Ossipee; son, daughter-in-law arrested
WEST OSSIPEE - An 80-year-old woman, missing from Massachusetts, was found Monday seriously abused and neglected at a West Ossipee residence of her son and daughter-in-law, Ossipee police said.
The woman, identified by police as Joan Brown, was immediately taken to a local hospital after officers observed serious signs of abuse and neglect, according to a press release.
Officers arrested her son and daughter-in-law, identified as Darin Brown, 43, and Sharon Giordano, 38, of 54 Fox Run Road.
Police, acting on information Joan Brown was being unlawfully held by her son and his wife and that she could be found at the Fox Run Road residence, went there late Monday morning after obtaining a search warrant.
Joan Brown, police said, had been reported as in danger and missing from Massachusetts.
Both Brown and Giordano are charged with criminal restraint, criminal neglect of the elderly, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest.
What's next:They are to be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. at 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424