Home » News » Public Safety
Local man suffers accidental gunshot wound to leg in Merrimack
MERRIMACK - A local man suffered an accidental gunshot wound to his leg Saturday, according to police.
Authorities are investigating the shooting, which happened shortly before 4 p.m. at a residence on Bean Road, according to police.
Police responding to the home found an adult male who had been shot in his left leg. The man, who police did not identify, was transported to Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries and was admitted overnight for observation.
Merrimack Police Department's Criminal Investigation Bureau is looking into the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 2
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 8
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs