The Who bringing rock opera 'Quadrophenia' to Manchester
MANCHESTER - The Who is coming to Manchester, performing the band's epic “Quadrophenia” album live at Verizon Wireless Arena in February.
Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend held an online news conference Wednesday to discuss the upcoming tour, which includes two legs starting in November. The Manchester performance is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24.
Presale tickets for members of the band's fan club go on sale Friday. Tickets for the general public go on sale July 27 at 10 a.m.
Daltrey and Townshend said they had been trying for a while to find something they could play together and agreed on performing the 1973 double album in its entirety. The 17 tracks include the classics “The Real Me” and “Love, Reign O'er Me.”
Daltrey said fans can expect to hear some of the band's many other classics, but playing them all would require a “five-hour show.”
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions