The Who bringing rock opera 'Quadrophenia' to Manchester
MANCHESTER - The Who is coming to Manchester, performing the band's epic “Quadrophenia” album live at Verizon Wireless Arena in February.
Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend held an online news conference Wednesday to discuss the upcoming tour, which includes two legs starting in November. The Manchester performance is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24.
Presale tickets for members of the band's fan club go on sale Friday. Tickets for the general public go on sale July 27 at 10 a.m.
Daltrey and Townshend said they had been trying for a while to find something they could play together and agreed on performing the 1973 double album in its entirety. The 17 tracks include the classics “The Real Me” and “Love, Reign O'er Me.”
Daltrey said fans can expect to hear some of the band's many other classics, but playing them all would require a “five-hour show.”
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News