Home » News » Public Safety
Windham police investigating possible assault
WINDHAM — Police are searching for armed suspects who allegedly assaulted a man in his Bear Hill Road residence Wednesday morning.
Police were called around 7:45 a.m. with a report of a woman with a young child standing in a yard asking for help. When officers arrived, the woman reportedly told them that armed men were assaulting her boyfriend in her home at 59 Bear Hill Road, according to police.
The suspects had left the home when officers arrived. Police said their check turned up no one injured at the residence.
Police would not release further information while the investigation is ongoing, but they said the house was specifically targeted.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 126
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?