Lamprey River, Bedford open L.L. title series today
District I champion Bedford will square against with District II king Lamprey River of Raymond today at 4 p.m. in the first game of the best-of-three 11/12-year-old Little League state championship series at Grappone Park in Concord.
The two teams meet after Bedford defeated Goffstown, 11-8, and Lamprey River shut out Rye, 6-0, in their respective district championships.
Bedford used the hot bat of Grant Lavigne to outscore its opponents 74-14 in five straight district wins. Lavigne was 15-for-17 with eight home runs in the tournament.
Andrew Dupuis was stellar on the mound for Lamprey River, tossing a three-hit shutout in the win over Rye.
The second game will be Sunday at 4 p.m. and if a third game is necessary, it'll take place on Wednesday at 5:45 p.m.
Lamprey River-Goffstown in 9/10 division finals
The Lamprey River 9/10-year-old all-star team also won the District II championship and will be facing Goffstown at Grappone Park today at 1 p.m. in a best-of-three series. The second game is Sunday at 1 p.m. and Wednesday at 5:45 p.m. if needed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
- High school action - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840