Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Gilford man allows child’s removal after SWAT team’s arrival
GILFORD — A Belknap County SWAT team was called to a Mountain Drive home Friday morning as police tried to serve a court order to remove a child from a man’s custody, police said.
The man eventually surrendered the child without incident, police said.
Police arrived at the home of Edward F. Fallon, 51, at 164 Mountain Drive shortly after 11 a.m. Friday to remove a child, whose name and age were not made public, by order of a Massachusetts court.
The court order specified that the child was being returned to his mother, police said, though they did not specify the child’s relationship to Fallon.
When they arrived at the home, Fallon went inside and refused numerous police attempts to speak with him, according to Police Chief Kevin Keenan.
A SWAT team from Belknap County was called after about three hours of no contact with Fallon.
Keenan said Fallon and the child voluntarily left the home shortly after the SWAT team arrived.
Police said the court order involved the New Hampshire Division of Child, Youth and Family Services and a similar government agency in Massachusetts.
Fallon was charged with a misdemeanor count of obstructing government administration and a misdemeanor count of resisting arrest.
He was released on personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in the Laconia District Court on Aug. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424